Marriage Celebrant Sydney

Home About Me Your Ceremony Photo Gallery Legal Useful Links Testimonials In Russian
0412-7053-17 (Sydney)
61-2-93444-270  (Outside Sydney)

ABC Marriages

Legal Requirements


Marriage Celebrant Sydney
Affordable, Beautiful, Creative


Anyone can marry in Australia, whether you were born here or in another country

Both parties have to be 18 years of age.

If you are ready to marry, you need to be aware of the following information:

A Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) must be completed by both parties within 18 months of your proposed marriage and no later than one month and one day prior to it. You can complete this form with my assistance and then lodge it with me as well.

Please note that the Notice of Intended Marriage form can be downloaded from the MARRIAGE section of the ATTORNEY- GENERAL'S DEPARTMENT website.

For the first meeting with a marriage celebrant:

You will need to bring your Birth Certificates for identification purposes (your name and age).

If you were born overseas and canít produce your Birth Certificates, you will need to bring your Foreign Passport.

If you donít have either of these then you will need to fill out a Statutory Declaration regarding your name and date of birth.

If one or both parties have been divorced, you must bring a Certificate of Divorce.

          If one or both parties have been widowed, you must bring a Death Certificate.

What should do if you canít find your documents?

If you were born in Australia, you can obtain a copy of your Birth Certificate from the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages in the state in which you were born.

If you need to obtain a Death Certificate of your former spouse, you can also obtain a copy of it from the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages in the state where it occurred.

The information below could be of some assistance to you:

Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages
35 Regent Street
Chippendale NSW 2000

Postal Address:
PO Box 30
Sydney NSW 2000


  1. If you have divorced and need a copy of your Certificate of Divorce, then this can be obtained from the Family Law Court in the state in which the marriage was dissolved.

  1. If you are applying or planning to apply for a FINANCE VISA to marry your Australian partner in Australia you may require a letter from me confirming your intention to be married.

I can provide you with this letter after the Notification of Intended Marriage form is signed by the Australian party in my presence. This would also mean that I would be conducting and officiating at the marriage ceremony. This letter will be addressed to the Australian Embassy in the country where the overseas partner is currently living, providing the details of your intended marriage.

  1. If both parties are planning to come to Australia to be married they need to fill in the Notice of Intended Marriage form and produce the originals of the same documents as residents of Australia. Please contact the Australian Embassy in your country or send me an e-mail with all the necessary information if you would like me as a marriage celebrant to officiate at your marriage in Australia.


It is important to remember that you can only have one legal marriage;


Any further wedding ceremonies are Ďre-affirmation of vowsí ceremonies.

Lia Krutik,

Marriage Celebrant

Justice of the Peace

ABC Marriages



ABC Marriages

Lia Krutik, Marriage Celebrant



Marriage Celebrant

ABC Marriages    Registration No: A8798    

Email marriage celebrant:      



Marriage Celebrant Sydney

designed by